Tecniplast commitment: our contribution to a better society
Passion does not only seep from our innovative spirit: we are proud to invest time and effort to promote those values that make Tecniplast a centre of excellence for Social Responsibility
- The funds generated by our recycling scheme, are used to buy gifts for children in the local hospital over the Christmas period, as well as supporting a charity that provides Christmas dinners to vulnerable people
- Also via the recycling scheme, we have funded a specially designed wheelchair roundabout for children who stay at a local respite home, alongside sensory toys to update their playroom
- Tecniplast UK frequently holds Bake Sales and Raffles in the office and the funds raised support a wide range of charities, a recent recipient has been The Lewis Foundation, who create gift bags for people undergoing Chemotherapy treatment
- In 2019, 7 colleagues took part in a Mud Run and the money raised was donated to Mind
- Most recently, staff took part in a '3,000 Mile Challenge' where they had to run, walk or cycle over 3,000 miles during the months of June and July. Staff wanted to raise as much money as possible for the local Food Bank, which was providing vital support to those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic. We were delighted to raise £1,000.
In 2012 the global Tecniplast Group obtained the Workplace Condition Assessment Award (WCA). Since then Tecniplast have retained this Award every year. The Certification, from an independent and external Auditor, guarantees that at Tecniplast:
• Working conditions are optimal in terms of contents, health and productivity
• Decision making is supported by real time data and knowledge management
• Corporate governance is in full accordance with industry best practice
We are proud to provide not only our team with a great environment to flourish in, but also generate positive outcomes of other communities.