Tecniplast commitment: our contribution to a better society
Passion does not only seep from our innovative spirit: we are proud to invest time and effort to promote those values that make Tecniplast a centre of excellence for Social Responsibility
- Following their success in 2019, the Mud Run team have dusted off their running shoes for a second attempt to complete the course and raise money for a local charity assisting Young Carers.
- In 2020, in the height of UK COVID-19 lockdown, staff took part in a '3,000 Mile Challenge' where they had to run, walk or cycle over 3,000 miles during the months of June and July. Staff wanted to raise as much money as possible for our local Food Bank, which provides vital support to those in need. We were delighted to raise £1,000 for this worthy cause.
- The funds generated by our recycling scheme, are used to buy gifts for children in a hospital local to our Head Office in Italy over the Christmas period, as well as supporting a charity that provides Christmas dinners to vulnerable people.
- Tecniplast UK frequently holds Bake Sales and Raffles in the office and the funds raised support a wide range of charities, a recent recipient has been The Lewis Foundation, who create gift bags for people undergoing Chemotherapy treatment.
- In 2012 the global Tecniplast Group obtained the Workplace Condition Assessment Award (WCA). Since then Tecniplast have retained this Award every year. The Certification, from an independent and external Auditor, guarantees that at Tecniplast:
- Working conditions are optimal in terms of contents, health and productivity
- Decision making is supported by real time data and knowledge management
- Corporate governance is in full accordance with industry best practice
We are proud to provide not only our team with a great environment to flourish in, but also generate positive outcomes of other communities.