Tecniplast payoff “Innovation through passion” has never been so true: our Interceptor System obtained the US concession certificate with the Patent n. US 10,412,927 B2, dated sept. 17th, 2019
// February, 2020
Our Interceptor, a simple, accurate and inexpensive Health Colony Monitoring system, specifically designed to improve hygienic monitoring of individually ventilated caging (IVC) rack system, obtained the US Patent.
This is a great result for a system which offers important benefits to a Lab Animal Facility:
- Reduction in the number of sentinel animals – a positive step forward for the 3Rs
- It is a closed system to avoid sample contamination
- It allows to quickly identify pathogenic microorganisms, even with low infection prevalence
- It is easier and cheaper than bedding sentinels
- It offers greater sensitivity than the traditional bedding methodology
- It is a validated system compatible with the existing Tecniplast AHUs
The US patent recognizes that Interceptor is:
- an innovative and exclusive system and method for contamination free removal of biological samples from unwanted organisms from the IVC rack system
- a device which improves hygienic monitoring of individually ventilated caging (IVC) rack system
Ask to your Tecniplast local representative to have more information about this Innovative system which collects particles moving from cages to the exhaust filtration area, that are thus ready for microbiological screening.
We can say that our payoff “Innovation through passion” is really true!