The DVC® Rack Environmental Monitoring system (REM) automatically monitors 24/7 environmental parameters from the animal rooms at rack level. Also, it correlates animal activity with environmental parameters facilitating data analysis and interpretation for reproducibility of results.
Detected environmental parameters are:
- TEMPERATURE: A continuous measurement
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY: A continuous measurement
- NOISE: A continuous measurement
- LIGHT: Detection of light and darkness
- VIBRATION: Triggered by the detection of minimum vibration
- HUMAN PRESENCE: Triggered by imediate detection of human presence
- 24/7 monitoring of the holding room's environmental parameters where DVC® Racks are installed helps the detection of variables that could affect husbandry and research.
- Contributes to research reproducibility and accurate data interpretation and analysis.