Our Purchase Policy of our raw materials helps our customer to build a sustainable advantage and contributes for LEED credits:
- Building and Material Reuse: due to their durability, stainless steel and plastics can usually be reused.
- Whole Building Life Cycle Assessment: Due to its durability our materials (both stainless steel and plastic) have a long life cycle and low maintenance
- Product Declarations: Tecniplast provides specific Environmental Product Declarations:
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) according to ISO 14040 and ISO 14044 Standards
- LCA Peer Review according to ISO 14044 standard
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) according to ISO 14025 standard
- Carbon Foot Print according to PAS 2050
- System Certifications:
- Quality and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) according respectively with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Standards
- Environmental Declaration/Report according to European Regulation
- Life Cycle Assessment Categories: Tecniplast products has an impact below industry average in at least 3 impact Life Cycle Assessment Categories: Global warming Potential; Acidification Potential and Eutrophication Potential
- Raw Material Source and Extraction Reporting: An essential element in ensuring Tecniplast Sustainability is regular evaluation of our suppliers’ sustainability policies, practices and related performance as well as maintaining a high level for our production. We have a well-defined policy for sourcing raw materials in a responsible way
- Recycled Contents: we guarantee the highest recycled content (pre and post-consumer recycled material) in the industry without lowering the quality level and the usage situation parameters.
- International Standards: Tecniplast products are produced with materials according to international standards (Material Safety Data Sheets (North America) or Safety Information Sheet (Europe) containing specific information regarding health and environment effects
- Tecniplast Material Ingredient Optimization: Our Materials do not contain any substance that meet REACH criteria for substances of very high concern.
- Materials Supply Chain Optimization: Through specific organization such as for example ISSF, the International Stainless Steel Health Forum Tecniplast has actively supported studies on materials health effects as well as a comprehensive review on Toxicity.
- Diversion: Tecniplast materials (Stainless Steel and Plastics) have high value as secondary raw material and they are 100% recyclable without loss of quality.
Please click on the link for a pdf of the Tecniplast Anti-Slavery Statement. /usermedia/uk/Anti_slavery_Statement.pdf