Green Product Strategy
Introduction to Green Product Strategy
TP’s environmentally aware design is carried out in accordance with our Green Product label (to symbolize outstanding environmental performance) design standards established in 2008. The Green Product , strategy is based on 3 principles: resource efficient design, energy efficient and improved recyclability, through:
- Reduce the power consumption per performance and contribute to reduce the customers’ CO2 emissions.
- Environmental Friendly Products:
- Reduce the power consumption per performance
- Reduce the water consumption per performance
- Eco Design concept for reduced material per product
- Maximization of recycling after life cycle
- Elimination of specific hazardous substances
Global Warming initiatives: results and Targets
Results in 2011
In 2011 we focused our efforts on energy conservation at our operating facilities, promoting energy conservation campaigns and environmental events organized by our employees.
- Elimination of all the old air conditioning systems with R22 gas, the harmful gas to the environment.
- Replaced Thermal power plant: from Diesel technology to methane one.
- Oil underground tanks disposed
- Wastes are recycled with more than 20 different codes in order to recycle max typologies of material and reduce the amount of generic wastes to < 25% on total waste amount.
- We also carried out a modal shift in our product shipments reducing our CO2 emissions from transportation by 30%.
Results in 2012
- Switch to energy efficient models when replacing equipment
- Promote energy efficiency
- TP committment to continuing improvements in order to reduce our CO2 emissions. TP estimate reduction of CO2 emissions in 2015 by 20% revising and optimizing equipment operations and all manufacturing processes.
Results in 2013
- Reduced the waste production (-14% vs2013)
- Reduced total waste production per number of working hours (from 0.59 to 0.53 Kg/w.h.9) vs 2013
- Reduced total waste of wood waste (pallets) from 78 t to 13t.
- Introduced the LCA analysis to all new products. In 2013 we have calculated the LCA specs for Laminar Flow products, Aquatics and AHU.
- Reduced consumption of energy (- 14% vs 2013) ratio: kWh/1000 working hours
- Reduced transport and handling with optimization of loading units and operation of the new warehouse (-14%)
Results in 2014:
- Continued with waste separation campaign, reducing to < 12% undifferentiated waste on total waste production
- Reduced plastic waste and scrap production to < 5% optimizing purge at production startup and plastic material change.
- Reduction of energy consumption: adopted new technologies as new light systems, installing photovoltaic cells and thermal solar panels.
- Continued to produce LCA calculations for new products
- Packaging material optimization replacing wood packaging with paperboard or lighter materials
- Reduced consumption of natural gas (-10%)
- Increased environmental and safety awareness among employees through improved training activity among employees and new employees.
- Continued and improved the recycling program for second life products
- Continued in a consistent way the Eco Design concept applications to new products’ development, substituting materials with lighter materials, reducing the number of components and identify new technologies to reduce components.
Results in 2015:
We want to be consistent in our environmental sustainability. We have identified the following objectives:
- Continue to reduce water waste adopting a recycling system for testing aquatics line
- Continue with waste separation campaign, maintaining < 12% of undifferentiated waste on total waste production
- Reduce plastic waste and scrap production to <3,5% optimizing purge at production startup and plastic material change.
- Reduction of energy consumption, adopting new technologies as new light systems, installing photovoltaic cells and thermal solar panels.
- Continue to produce LCA calculations for new products
- Reduction of consumption of natural gas (-5%)
- Increase environmental and safety awareness among employees through improved training activity among employees and new employees.
- Continue and improve the recycling program for second life products
- Continue in a consistent way the Eco Design concept applications to new products’ development, substituting materials with lighter materials, reducing the number of components and identify new technologies to reduce components.
- Eliminate Asbestos from the roof in the rack assembly line area
TECNIPLAST has set year by year and also for the 2016-2017 a range of objectives to provide further improvements in environmental performance in line with the Continuous Improvement of ISO 14001 Standard requirements and TECNIPLAST President Sustainability Commitment.
Since 2006 TP used the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) to track usage of raw material, assembling and distribution, in order to quantify the impact of TP business activities and work to reduce this impact, with the following initiatives:
Research and Development
- Development of environmental Friendly products
- Green procurement
- Compliance with environmental laws and regulations
- Reducing waste
- Energy efficiency
- Prevention water pollution
- Environmental Risk management
- Reducing packaging materials
- Pre assembling products reducing volume to ship
- Modal Shift
- More efficient distribution
- Reducing packaging materials
- Switch to low emissions vehicle for company cars